Monday, May 7, 2012

Getting back into the swing of things.

After a long time of having a blog dry spell, I have suddenly come up with tons of inspiration! The problem now is that I don't know where to start with my ideas! Oh, sometimes I make myself laugh.

So to start, I have changed my blog name! My home is now officially Light & Shadow. I don't know if it will show up for those of you following in Google Reader - 2 or 3 blogs I follow have also changed their names recently and it doesn't show up there. But whatever, maybe someday it will switch.

I had a lovely weekend. I had Friday off, so I spent the afternoon with my friend Tiffany in the city. We did some shopping, and then went out for supper. I was a very good girl and didn't buy very much. Cards for Mother's Day (yay, I remembered before the day before!!), yarn to knit a blanket for a friend's upcoming baby, a foot scrub from Lush (gosh, I love Lush. Who doesn't?), and a couple movies from the bargain bin at Walmart. (I love the $5 dvd bin) Did anyone else love this movie as a kid?

Yeah, I totally bought it.

Saturday I had to work, but for once I was off early enough that Chris and I could go to church at 4! I love being able to go to the 4 o'clock service, because then it feels like my whole weekend is still free! We went to my parents place for supper after - I miss my mom's cooking so I love to go there. Tacos! (my brother has a friend that literally thinks it is pronounced "tay-co." Um, no.) We played some new board games they bought. I love board games.

Yesterday was sleeping in, reading in bed, and writing letters! I got 2 done yesterday, which brings my pile of replies down to 9. I feel very good about this. I even feel hopeful that I could be caught up by the end of the week!


I enjoyed some chai tea whilst writing letters. Isn't there just something about tea and letter-writing that lends to each other?

The evening was spent at the in-laws for supper (I love it when parents invite us over and I don't have to cook!). We watched a movie and then went to McDonald's for ice cream. I tried their new Drumstick McFlurry, and it was pretty tasty. I just have a weakness for ice cream in general, though. (You wouldn't be able to tell by looking at me :P)

I hope you all have a lovely week, and you will be hearing from me more!

3 comments:

  1. Oh gosh!! I love that movie :D I bought it about a year ago or so! There's something special about those childhood movies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Dunstan Checks In! That kid is soooo cute. I wonder what he's up to now?

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had that movie when I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete