Monday, October 3, 2011

Notting Hill

Wow, 2 months since I've done one of these? Terrible! Well, I've seen so many movies lately that I had a hard time picking one to do today. But since it's been a while since I've seen a new-to-me chick flick, I decided to pick that one.


I have to say, I am a sucker for Hugh Grant movies. And I don't know how I went this long without seeing it. I love British comedies - I just totally get that humour.

 This scene was fantastic. Definitely made me smile.

So Notting Hill is about a bookstore owner, William, who has a big surprise one day when Anna Scott, movie star of the moment, walks into his store. They have a connection, and after a few mishaps, they find themselves in something resembling a relationship. However, Anna's fame is huge, and Will is just an ordinary man - will their romance be able to survive their differences?






Of course, because this is a Hollywood movie, there is sexual content that I find inappropriate (and is actually featured in a prominent way in this film - Anna is a famous movie star, after all, and scandal seems to follow them like a puppy). However, I still enjoyed this movie. Will's character was sweet and kind - maybe he could have shown more aggression at times, but generally a very likeable man. I think this movie is great to watch alone with a big bowl of ice cream (or whatever your movie watching snack is) when you just need to wind down.

2 comments:

  1. I love Notting Hill, probably because I adore Hugh Grant. I think he's probably my favourite male actor!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete