Friday, August 5, 2011

Last weekend in pictures

Hi :) So today has been a vast improvement since Wednesday and I feel like blogging. That's just how it goes with me sometimes. Maybe that has to do with the fact that I only worked a half day today. And that was because I wrote my last exam ever this morning! I finally finished my correspondence course, so now I just have to wait for my exam to be marked, and then get my transcript to my school. I'm kind of excited about this haha :D

I know it's the weekend, but I wanted to show you some pictures from last weekend. It was really fun and I spent it with friends. On Saturday my friend Estela and I went to the Pioneer days at the Mennonite Heritage Museum here in town. Neither of us had been in years, so we decided this summer was it.

 Amazing homemade meal served in the Livery Barn restaurant. This is Mennonite food at it's finest.

 Estela loves it too.


 Going into the public school



 This is the (sideways) mill. Totally the landmark of Steinbach and I can't even upload the picture right! Bugh! Oh well, it's awesome anyways.

 Inside the mill. It was pretty windy that day so we actually got to see flour being ground. It was excellent.

 These things were in every house. I want one.

 I love llamas.

 Shoemaker shop

 Spinning yarn! Awesome!


 An old school print shop for real! Oh I was so happy there! The letterpress machine was actually running so I got to see it in action. :D :D

This was in Steinbach's first store. Of course I honed in on the letters ;)

 A sod house. I'd go crazy if I had to live in there but it's cool anyway.

This is like a traditional love poem, and there are actually 9 poems on there.

On Sunday we went to Grand Forks with some of my friends to do some shopping and have supper at Texas Roadhouse. I love steak!!! That was actually our main reason for going down there. But I found some sweet stuff too.
 Chuck season 3 for $20!! Heck yes! And did you know they made Disney Apples to Apples? We had to get it.
 Master Plan and Mint Candy Apple. I have Mint Candy Apple on right now and it makes me happy :D

 Notebooks and a whale shaped notepad


 Cheap cds. I like Snow Patrol a bunch, and I like some of Florence & the Machine's songs, but I'm not so sure about all of the lyrical content. Oh well. You live and learn.

 I actually bought these at the museum gift shop. I put the ice cream in my office and the other one is for Christmas. Starting our ornament collection, I guess.

I bought this mug for Christopher at the museum as well. It's huge!

Lately I've been on a friendship bracelet-making kick, and I found this really cool tutorial on craftgawker. Check it:




So cool, right? And super easy! After I was done the bracelet on the "loom" I made one out of a yogurt container lid, and that's holding up even better. So just for future reference if you decide to try. And if you try I'd love to see the results!

Have a lovely weekend,  my dears!

5 comments:

  1. Dude! Apples to Apples is so fun! And I LOVE Chuck! My Bff introduced me in June. :) AND I really like Snow Patrol! And, I bought that Florence + the Machine album, too, and I was also turned off by some of the lyrics. Even still, I really like "Cosmic Love" and "Blinding."

    It just makes me happy to find more things we have in common. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Florence and the Machine is one of our favourites right now. Such good tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering my giveaway drawing. I got the stationery at:

    http://www.tfaw.com/

    they have lots of cool stationery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like so much fun! I love that public school. I love anything historical like that - lucky!

    And that friendship bracelet tutorial is amazing! I'm definitely going to make some!

    Is Essie a good brand of nail polish? I've seen a lot of bloggers wearing it lately, but I'm not sure if we can buy it here or not. I love that mint green colour. It's my nail polish 'want' at the moment.

    x Jasmine

    PS. Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better :) Congratulations on finishing your correspondence course!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love those Essie polishes :) pretty colors! I just got the turquoise & caicos (probably the closest color I have to your candy apple) and can't wait to paint my nails. Essie does have a tendency to make me happy and smile too :) But what would really make me happy is if they were more affordable. Here they cost upwards of $8 a pop!

    ReplyDelete