Monday, July 25, 2011

Between the Folds



Today's movie is Between the Folds. Chris and I were just browsing on Netflix, and we found this documentary that looked interesting. Yes, we are geeks and think that documentaries look interesting.





This movie was actually really interesting. It highlights the relationship between science and art, and the different ways that people who practice origami use the art in their everyday lives. For example, there is a math teacher in Israel who uses paper folding to help her students understand geometry. I tell you, that technique probably would have helped to understand math in school. I actually really recommend this movie, it is quite interesting. If you like art then you'll like it. I'll show you some examples of what you'll see in the movie.



2 comments:

  1. I've actually seen this. lol PBS hosts showings of documentaries once a month for their Independent Lens program, and my school is where our local one holds theirs. This was the first movie they hosted my sophomore year. Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw that movie on Netflix the other day! I haven't watched it yet, but it looked really neat. I'll have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete