Friday, February 8, 2019

When the English Fall | David Williams

Title: When the English Fall
Author: David Williams
Length: 242 pages
Publication date: July 11, 2017
Genre: Adult apocalyptic
Rating: 4/5

When I saw this book on Netgalley, I had to request it. I have a Mennonite background so I find anything about Mennonites and the Amish compelling (but like not Christian Amish romances). This book is an apocalyptic story told through journal entries of an Amish man, and I found that premise so fascinating. Because, yeah, how would the apocalypse affect the Amish, who are self-sufficient? This was a quiet narrative, but I enjoyed it so much. There was a sense of it that made me think of Station Eleven, and I was pleased about that. I would not recommend this for readers that need a lot of action but if you're looking for some thought-provoking speculative fiction, I would recommend this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment