The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. [That's me!]
The word 'Liebster' is German and it means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome. [Awww :)]
Here are the rules:1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves
2. Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the people you tagged
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post
4. Tell them you've tagged them. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Facts about Me
1. I married my first boyfriend.
2. I eat my toast and sandwiches starting at the flat end, not the round end.
3. It takes me a dedicated hour and a half to reply to a letter. That means no distractions.
4. I have 2 little cacti planted in teacups on my desk, and Chris named them Steve and Ferdinand.
5. I don't like sweet peppers (the green, red, and yellow ones) in anything. At all. Ever.
6. I love Marvel superhero movies!! All of them! (Except the Hulk one with Eric Bana. I haven't seen it and I refuse to.)
7. When I was 10 I started writing one of my out-of-town cousins, and that's what sparked my love for snail mail.
8. I have never seen the ocean in person.
9. The first thing I do when I wake up is check my Instagram feed. (Addict, yeah kinda *ashamed face)
10. My favourite book of the Bible is Romans
11. My sister and I are Irish twins, meaning we are born a year apart. (A year less 12 days, to be exact)
My answers for Vanessa's questions
1. Do you have a nickname? What is it and what's the story behind it?
Yes, my nickname is Fe (pronounced "fee" but I don't like it spelled with 2 "e"s). It started 4 years ago, when I started college. Some people had problems remembering how to pronounce my name properly (The "c" is pronounced as a "c", not a "sh" sound), so then they just called me Fe. And it stuck. The other day someone was talking about fees, like late fees, and I thought they were talking to me.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I don't really remember why I started blogging. I think I just wanted to have one cuz it was cool. I was 16, okay? And also I like writing.
3. What is your most favorite book?
Gah! Bad question for a bibliophile. I will cop out and say the Bible. Because it really is.
4. And if you like reading: what is your favorite place to read?
Lately it is outside in my new lawn chair, in the shade. But on my couch, snuggled up with a cat is also a favourite.
5. Where would you like to travel? Which country/city appeals to you the most and why do you want to visit it?
I would like to travel to LOTS of places! Italy is a good one because a) there is pizza there, b) there is gelato there, and c) there is lots of history there. Also, I don't know 3 words in Italian but it is a sexy language.
6. Have you ever been on vacation where you never ever want to go again? Where and why?
When I was 11 we went to the Mexican Mennonite colonies over Christmas vacation. I would never want to go there again because I have no interest in visiting my parents' friends and relatives in a brown brown desert.
7. Which handicraft would you like to learn? Or what did you always want to and finally did learn?
I would like to learn how to crochet. I can knit like a semi-pro, but I just cannot for the life of me figure out how to crochet! I think I might be diseased.
8. What languages do you speak and which ones would you like to learn some day?
I speak English and a tiny bit of Plautdietch (Mennonite Low German). I would like to be fluent in Plautdietch, and also learn Spanish because it's also sexy.
9. Which was your favorite subject in school?
My favourite subject in school was English Literature.
10. Does your profession (or the profession you are aming at) has anything to do with this subject?
Someday I would love to be a book editor, so yeah it has everything to do with it!
11. Any kind of sweets you couldn't live without?
Chocolate. Ice cream. Cheesecake.
1. What are your thoughts on superhero movies? Do you have a favourite superhero?
2. What kind of landscape would your dream house be in? (beach, forest, mountain, etc.)
3. What is currently on your nightstand?
4. Were you a good kid in school, or were you the kid in detention?
5. What dish would you never want to try?
6. Do you have any hobbies or interests that most people don't know you have?
7. If you were stuck in an elevator with 3 celebrities, who would you want them to be, and why?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What is your favourite sport to watch in the Olympics?
10. Did you go/are you currently in post-secondary education? What did you study?
11. If you could go back in time, which era would you visit and why?
I'm tagging Jasmine, Penny, April, Laura L, Olive, Lindsay, Laura C, Ely, April P, Allison, and Lauren. (Boy, 11 was hard!)