Sunday, September 18, 2016

Some thoughts on rest and the Sabbath from a tired mind.

Do you ever have those weeks when it's just so busy that you don't know how it's Sunday night already? This was one of those weeks for me. I was gone every evening during the week, and then yesterday I spent all day cleaning the house (because I was so busy that it hadn't happened for a while). And then we spent most of the day today either with church or family. This is all good stuff, but I'm tired.

Doesn't it just seem like everyone in our society is just running around, busy all the time? Has life always been like this, or is it just my generation? How do we get out of this, and actually slow down?

God knew what he was talking about when He commanded us to have a Sabbath day and keep it holy. I am not good at that. I think He must have said that with introverts in mind. I think I need to start actually making an effort to have a Sabbath day. Maybe then I wouldn't be so wiped out by Sunday night.

I want to explore this more but I'm tired, so I'm going to go get in bed with my book (Pride & Prejudice, the best before-bed read).

No comments:

Post a Comment