Monday, September 17, 2012

I'm still here

What up, my peeps? As you may have noticed, I've been pretty silent as of late. I didn't mean for that to happen. I fully intend to get you all caught up on my life - it's been pretty ridiculous lately! Thing is, though... Today is our last day with internet at home. Yes, we have decided to cancel our internet service. Here are some reasons why we chose to do so:
- Chris and I both spend a lot of time online when we could be doing more productive things
- In the same vein, we spend a lot of time looking at what other people are creating when we could be creating things ourselves
- Saving $55 a month would be sweet
- We can go to the library and coffeehouses when we need to use the internet, which is also kind of like a fun outing at the same time.

So I'm not disappearing, by any means. I still have my iPhone, so I pretty much will do everything except blog because I don't know of a good app for blogging. I just hope that it won't be too long before you will hear from me again.


5 comments:

  1. I hope life without internet will be very productive to you. And I'll miss your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I am reading this as a Shaw guy is installing Internet at our new place! I think it's great that you are going Internet-less. We did the same with television, for many of the same reasons you are canceling the Internet. I think you will find that after a few months you don't even notice it's gone.

    P.S. Wordpress has a great iPhone app :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! That's awesome! My husband and I have "simple" Wednesdays every two weeks, which is an evening away from all electronic devices. It forces us to do things that we used to love to do before we got all technology-obsessed. I can relate to the desire to detach from the internet world, but wouldn't have the gumption to be internet-free quite yet. Kudos to you for trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good for you, Friend! I can't imagine not having internet at home, but I love your reasons behind giving it up - I want an update on how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I think it's great that you're stepping away from the Internet to spend more time really connecting with each other and the world around you! I couldn't live without the Internet at home, I need it for on call stuff for work.

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete