Friday, June 1, 2012

Helmet inspiration

Last summer I took my bike apart to paint it. Finally, this week, Chris finished putting it back together for me and then had it tuned up at Canadian Tire! I didn't do the best paint job ever, but I just love how it looks.


Since I plan on ripping around town all summer on this thing, I need a helmet! I love that biking has become very chic and there are far more options for fashionable helmets out there. Here are some of my favourites:

Floral Green by Sawako Furono
Hanabi by Sawako Furono
Brighton by Bern
Berkeley by Bern
Moon Beam by Nutcase
Love by Nutcase
Airmail by Nutcase
Swirl by Nutcase
Purple Dazzle by Nutcase
This one is pretty cool. It's supposed to make you more noticeable to traffic, but I wonder if it doesn't just blind them...

Via
Does anyone else know of a great helmet brand with fashionable helmets? Please leave a comment!

9 comments:

  1. The airmail one is perfect for you!!! Cute bike :) I'd love to get one too. The only problem is that San Angelo is soooo not bike friendly. We hardly have any sidewalks never mind bike trails/lanes. :( It's a pain to travel via bike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that airmail helmet :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those helmets are so cute! I didn't even know they made anything like that.

    By the way, I'm mailing your letter TODAY! So keep an eye out for it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you chose for your bike!!

    Obviously, the air mail helmet is amazeballs ... but I think you should get one of the dark purple helmets. They'd match your bike more!

    I have a white bike, and a black helmet with zombies on it :-/ Ryan Guettler gave it to me (OMG, I'm totally name-dropping) so I couldn't say no, but I want a girlier one!

    x Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  5. You gotta love the Airmail helmet! I'm voting on that one :)
    Have fun biking this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say get the most fun looking helmet. These are awesome. The airmail would be pretty to have. I love that biking is a popular thing again. I really want a bike. P.S. I will let you know how The Jane Austen Book Club book is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the mirrored helmet...looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These helmets are cute! I would definitely wear these.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, so one of my summer goals is to learn to ride a bike. I NEED THAT MAIL HELMET! :D

    PS, I just sent out a letter to you, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete