Wednesday, May 17, 2017

T5W: Summer Reads

It's warming up here in Manitoba and I'm starting to think about the books I want to read this summer! So today's Top 5 Wednesday topic is pretty fitting. Today we're talking about summer reads, books that remind you of summer and what you would recommend other people read this summer. Without further ado...


1. Amy & Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson
I read this as my first MM book last summer, and it was just perfect. It's a road trip story, so if that doesn't say summer then I don't know what does.


2. An Abundance of Katherines - John Green
Another story that takes place over a summer and features a bit of a road trip. I know not everyone likes John Green's books but I personally love them. His characters are kind of pretentious, but in the way that teenagers often are. I find them so relateable to my teenage self.


3. Summer Days & Summer Nights - edited by Stephanie Perkins
I didn't love every story in this short story collection, but most of them were super cute. I just realized that 4 out of my 5 recommendations are YA so sorry about that, but that's how I feel.


4. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series - Ann Brashares
This was my quintessential series as a teenager. I reread them summer of 2015 and it was a great time. All of the books take place over summer, and they have that perfect feeling.


5. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series - Douglas Adams
This one might seem a little random, but for me, I always want to reread this series over the summer months. It might be because they're fun and crazy, and I just read through them really fast, which is something you want in a summer book. Maybe it's because I first read through them in the summer. But whatever the case may be, when I think of summer books, these definitely come to mind.

What do you think of my list? What are some of your top summer reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment