Sunday, January 15, 2017

My Reading Goals: 2017 edition

It's 2017 and I want to share my reading goals with you!

My biggest goal of the year is to read my own books and reduce my TBR. Today I counted how many books I have unread on my shelves. There are 219 books on my TBR bookshelf. Yes. It's ridiculous. To help out, I'm only allowing myself to buy a max of 2 books a month. If I don't buy any books that month, it won't roll over. 2 a month and that's it. I'm also on a library ban. I can only go to the library if it's to get the next book in a series that I'm reading. For example, I started reading Fruits Basket last year, and I'm getting those books from the library. I'm also including book club books that I don't own.

My next goal is to finish reading series. I have quite a few unread series (I'm not sure of the exact number, but probably over 10). Some of them only have the last book for me to read, and because I have a serious procrastination problem, I just don't get to it! So I especially want to finish up series where I only have to read the last book.

Some series to complete:

  • Harry Potter (my first read through ever!)
  • The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson (I just have to read the last one but I'm so scared I just want everyone to be okay)
  • The Young Elites by Marie Lu (just have the last one)
  • The Lone City by Amy Ewing (just the last one as well)
  • Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya (I'm up to volume 9 of 20? However many it is...)
  • Red Rising by Pierce Brown (I've just read book 1 but I own the whole trilogy)
  • The Silo series by Hugh Howey (last one)
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey (I've only read the first one)
  • The Heir Chronicles by Cinda Williams Chima (I've read 2 out of 5)
  • The Lord of the Rings (yup. I've only read the first one)
I also have some series where I've read everything except the novella bind-ups that came after the other books were published. Specifically the ones for The Selection series by Kiera Cass and The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. So technically I'm done the series but there are more things to read! 

My Goodreads goal for the year is 50 books. That actually isn't that important to me to accomplish. I know I will, because I read more than 1 book a week, but it's not the most important one to me this year.

And that's basically it, guys! What are some of your reading goals for the year?

No comments:

Post a Comment