I have many plans for the summer already, such as:
- doing a bedroom refresh
- having a garage sale with some friends and getting rid of so much junk
- doing some DIY projects, like painting a couple bookshelves and building an end table
- going to the zoo (I haven't been to the zoo in like a decade or something, and they've added a ton of new things since I was there last)
- writing back to my poor pen pals who probably wonder why I went off the radar
- getting so much reading done!
|These are the two tables I'm looking at making. I might make both. We'll see.|
I hope to enjoy some of the last two while sitting outside in my lawn chair apparatus. I call it an apparatus because I wouldn't know what else to call it. It's two Adirondack chairs attached with a table in the middle. Very handy. But the table is broken so I have to fix that. And I want to get some cushions, for maximum comfort. I've got my eyes on some seat pads from IKEA, because I'm too lazy to make them myself.
|What would you call this thing? Anyway, here it is, freshly painted in my favourite colour. That table wasn't properly attached, so it came off and now I have to fix it.|
I'm also quite excited for summer weather, as a lovely bistro just a short walk away from my house is selling gelato. I am pleased to announce the stuff tastes like heaven, and I anticipate walking over there many evenings with a book.
What are you looking forward to this summer?