Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A letter to someone who has caused me pain.

Dear you,

I remember my first encounters of you. There was something about you that I just didn't like. I had a feeling that I shouldn't let you in. I felt kind of bad about that, but that's just the truth. Our paths kept crossing, and you kept trying to befriend me, yet I just couldn't see why. Eventually we ended up in a cell group together, and I thought that maybe you had changed. Slowly we began to talk and hang out, and then one day I called you one of my best friends.


Then things started to change again. You started to give me that initial feeling I had about you. I didn't want to spend time with you and I didn't know why. So I stopped texting all the time, and I didn't enjoy our drives to the city like I used to.


Finally, one day, I had enough of your drama, and I left the party without saying goodbye. That set you off, and you didn't talk to me for over 2 months, even though I apologized several times. I felt really bad at first, but then I could see that I was better off without you, and I stopped feeling bad. Now we're on speaking terms again, but I feel like you want to pretend nothing happened. I'm not going to let you in again, but I'm glad that at least we can be in the same room and be civil.



You can be really nice sometimes. I think that if you learned to let go, like I had to learn, you would be a lot happier.


All the best,
Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment